Become A Safety Volunteer
It is our primary goal to provide you with a safe and fun experience at the Chosen International Pathfinder Camporee! Please help us keep the area and activities safe by following all safety instructions and reviewing the safety guidelines. If you are a safety professional, please consider volunteering.
Volunteer - Learn how to become a volunteer.
See where the Safety headquarters are located on the Camporee Map.
Emergency Text Alerts
In the event of an emergency situation during the Camporee, we are using CodeMessaging.net to alert you of any danger. Please sign up today!
Sign up now for Emergency Text Alert messaging announcements. If you are attending the 2019 CIC Camporee and want to receive emergency text announcements on your cell phone, please follow these simple steps.
- Go to www.codemessaging.net
- Click on the Login button
- Click new user registration-Request passport
- Box will say affiliation- Type in 2019camporee (no spaces)
- Type in personal information
- Fill in new login and password
- You are now signed up for code messaging
These methods of contact will remain private and only used during an emergency event at the Camporee. There will be up to 3 test messages sent before August 10, 2019. When you receive these test alert messages, you will know the system is working properly.
Golf Cart Safety & Operation
- Drivers must be 18 years and older.
- Every driver must have a valid driver’s license. No underage drivers even if an adult is on the cart.
- Golf Carts can only be operated from 5:30am - 11:00pm.
- Pedestrians always have the right of way.
- When your golf cart is not in use, remove the key and set the brake.
- Golf carts are not permitted to leave the campgrounds for any reason. The EAA Museum is not part of the campground. It is illegal to use Golf Carts on public roads and may be subject to a citation by the Sheriff. If a Golf Cart receives a citation or towed, the expense will be the responsibility of the person who rented the cart.
- Speed limit is 5 MPH at all times with the exception of emergency services.
- Contact security if you have any problems with your golf cart. (mechanical, etc.)
- Golf Carts are not to be overloaded. Everyone must be seated. Place only as many individuals on the seats as space allows. Do not put individuals on laps of passengers, except for infants.
- Golf Carts must park only in the designated parking area at the Main Stage assembly.
- Do not tamper with the golf cart engine.
- You are responsible for returning the same golf cart you checked out.
- Golf cart refueling times: 9:00am-11:00am & 3:00pm-5:00pm
Golf Carts will be confiscated on the 3rd infraction of rules or 2nd time for the same offense of campground rules. The Youth Director will be contacted with these violations.
Prohibited Items at the Camporee
Save yourself time and hassle by leaving the following items at home, as these items will not be permitted at the Camporee:
- Beer, wine, liquor or any other alcoholic beverage
- Illegal substances which include drugs
- Firearms, fireworks and explosives
- Knives with a blade length of more than 4 inches
- Bicycles, roller skates, roller blades, skateboards, “Razor” style boards, Segway personal transports, or any other self-propelled device (except that the following are allowed: a. One person electric/handicapped convenience vehicles
Insurance & Pathfinder Safety Resources - Adventist Risk Management
If your child gets lost or is separated from you, please call Camporee Safety for immediate assistance with locating your child.
The quickest, easiest way to obtain professional help for any type of emergency is to call Camporee Security:
(920) 230-7753, (920) 230-7754, (920) 230-7874 or Radio Channel 14.
- When calling, stay calm and carefully explain the problem and your location to the Camporee Safety Dispatcher.
- Do not hang up until you are told to do so.
There is an ambulance on site, therefore, call Medical/Ambulance dispatch first:
(269) 921-2161, (269) 921-0214, or Radio Channel 16 before dialing 911.
- When calling, stay calm and carefully explain the problem and your location to the Camporee Medical Dispatcher.
- Do not hang up until you are told to do so.
Safety Tips & Guidelines
Everyone should review and be familiar with the safety guidelines. They will help keep you and others safe and offer a more enjoyable International Pathfinder Camporee experience. These safety guidelines cover rules set by our hosts (EAA), extreme weather, medical emergencies, missing/lost children, and much more.
Camporee Safety Guidelines
Safety Tip 1: Have at least 1 adult at your campsite at all times.
Safety Tip 2: Adults should accompany Pathfinders at all times.
All Drones and Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) are not permitted on EAA grounds and airport property.
Please do not use handheld or pocket lasers during the nighttime program. Safety personnel will escort you from the nighttime area if necessary. Thank you for your cooperation.